Friday, January 15, 2010

I have not given up!

No I did not decide this was too much work. No I did not fall off the wagon.  I wish that was the case.
I have not cooked since "Dogs and Tots"

My grandmother has been "at Death's door" for a week now.  She is 94 years old and is dying of cancer. The Hospice nurse is at a loss of words. She said that she has never had a patient that has held on for so long.  She won't give us anymore timelines because she just isn't ready. This woman was one of the best cooks. And her cakes! Oh my God!

I spent the day at my aunt's (that is where she is) yesterday and will be going back tomorrow. (Geaux Saints!) My dad and my sister will each be making a gumbo and we will be eating it there (lately we just make plans and "wait and see" what happens) I'll take pics and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment